Charlestown High School Library
Teachers' Website Evaluation
WEB SITE EVALUATION CHECKLIST
- Who owns the Web site and why?
- Is it clear who owns the Web site?
- Is the purpose of the Web site to entertain, sell, educate, or persuade?
- Is contact information for the Webmaster or author available?
- Is the information accurate and reliable?
- What is the author's expertise?
- When was the information last updated?
- Is any sort of bias evident?
- Is the information well written and grammatically correct?
DESIGN AND NAVIGATION:
- Does the Web site function efficiently?
- Is the graphic design appealing, with text that is easy to read?
- Are the pages uncluttered, with useful headings and subheadings?
- Is the design consistent throughout the Web site?
- Do pages load in a reasonable amount of time?
- Does the site enhance or support the curriculum?
- Does the content correlate to the curriculum?
- Is the content unique and not available elsewhere?
- Does the site offer instructional materials?
- Does the site incorporate the unique capabilities of the Web?
- Does the site offer interactive opportunities?
- Does the site provide ways for students or teachers to collaborate and/or share their work?
- Does the site invite student input or collection data?